I don’t know what’s going on in music but there are some absolute workout gems on the radio right now. And when I say “workout gem,” I mean the most perfectly motivating workout song ever. These aren’t songs I would necessarily listen to on my own (that’s a lie…I’ll jam to anything), but they’re perfect to distract me from the pain of that last mile/rep/etc.
1. Ellie Goulding. Run into the Light (Medley) :: This 30 minute (5 song) medley is the single reason why I was able to run without even thinking about walking on Monday. It’s perfectly timed so that you know when to kick it up and when to recover. I’m not usually a big dance music fan, but something about Ellie’s music is really catchy to me. This will be my running playlist for the next few weeks while I’m in low mileage. (p.s. that youtube video is only the first song in the medly.)
2. Calvin Harris. Feel So Close (Radio Edit) :: I really didn’t want to like this song. I tried and I tried, but all of a sudden I knew the words. And my love was confirmed when I ran to it. What can you do?
3. Havana Brown feat. Pitbull. We Run The Night :: I’m sure this song is playing in someone’s Zumba class at this very moment. I heard it on the radio and it instantly made me want to workout. This will definitely distract me from the pain of my NTC workout tonight.
4. Gym Class Heroes feat. Ryan Tedder. The Fighter :: Am I the only person who is in love with Ryan Tedder’s voice? I buy all of OneRepublic’s songs solely because of his voice. Anyway, I already liked this song, but I saw the video on vh1 last weekend. I loved that it featured Olympic hopeful and gymnast John Orozco. Gym Class Heroes isn’t really my type of group/band/whatever they are, but they won me over with this one.
5. David Guetta feat. Sia. Titanium :: This. Is. My. Jam. I watch vh1 every morning when I wake up and I don’t leave my apartment until this video plays. Not only is the beat perfect for working out (or having a private dance party in my apartment), but the lyrics actually mean something. When does that ever happen? Download it now.
I have more where that came from next week. Stay tuned! Until then, what are your favorite workout songs? Are you embarrassed by any of them?